Organization: Houston Zoo, Inc.
Location: Houston, Tx, Country
Job or Internship: Internship
The Houston Zoo is offering an opportunity for students to participate in an unpaid internship with the Purchasing Department! This is a unique and exciting opportunity for students to, develop important professional relationships and gain valuable experience!
• Assist with coordinating logistics for Houston Zoo for various departments throughout the zoo including submitting all necessary paperwork, procuring all supplies, and communicating with HZI staff.
• Assist with miscellaneous daily projects.
• Tracks and maintains inventory of collateral materials.
• Assure complete, timely, accurate communication with internal parties
• Interns are required to complete a minimum of 200 hour commitment.
• Attend Continuing Education courses provided by the Houston Zoo.
• Compose an educational presentation at the end of internship.
• Must be a self-starter.
• Effective project management skills essential.
• Able to multi-task essential.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products particularly Excel and Power Point.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of research/analysis a plus.
• Candidates must currently be enrolled in a college institution or a recent graduate (within 6 months of application).
• This position involves considerable physical exertion such as repetitive bending, pushing/pulling/carrying heavy loads, and regular lifting of heavy objects (up to 80 pounds).
• This position requires interns work in all weather conditions including heat, humidity, rain, cold and dust. However, with the exceptions of special events, most opportunities are indoors.
• We are currently accepting applications until March 31, 2013. Internships will begin on May 12th and run to August 25th (end date is flexible.)
• To submit an application, please visit our website at www.houstonzoo.org/volunteering/. Applicant must also submit a resume, cover letter and letter of recommendation.
For further information and inquiries, please contact Nhi Tran at 713-533-6558 or via email at email@example.com.