Organization: Minnesota Zoological Garden
Location: Apple Valley, Minnesota, United States
Job or Internship: Job
The Minnesota Zoo seeks a dedicated professional Building utilities Mechanic.
An employee in this class is responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing water, plumbing, and heating systems and mechanical and electrical equipment in state-owned buildings and assist with other duties assigned to achieve the Minnesota Zoo's mission to connect people, animals, and the natural world.
Employees are responsible for determining work methods and procedures. Work is usually assigned and inspected by a building foreman or maintenance engineer.
The Minnesota Zoo and the State of Minnesota provide excellent insurance benefits and pension. The position may have the ability of overtime hours.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
In order to be considered please provide detailed knowledge, skills and abilities of all the requirements listed:
-A valid steam engineer's 2nd (second) Class B Boilers license or above.
- Knowledge and skills in the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in trades work sufficient to assist skilled trades staff in the completion of assigned projects.
- Ability to perform semi-skilled trades work sufficient to complete minor trades plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and/or electrical systems and equipment.
- Ability to perform minor repairs and adjustments to machinery and equipment including the general maintenance and minor repairs of buildings.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions sufficient to interpret and carry out assignments in a safe and efficient manner. Skills in using hand and power tools and other trades equipment.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety measures related to trades work sufficient to safely and efficiently perform the job duties. Some positions may require the ability to provide work direction to unskilled helpers.
In order to be considered please provide detailed knowledge, skills and abilities of all the requirements listed.
**Job offer is contingent upon the results of a valid class D driver license and a background check**
Knowledge of controls with a low voltage background
Knowledge and experience of pipefitting
HOW TO APPLY:
Visit the State of Minnesota Careers website at www.careers.state.mn.us Job Posting 13MZG000047.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Please visit the Minnesota Zoo website at www.mnzoo.org
QUESTIONS REGARDING THE JOB POSTING:
Contact the Assistant Human Resources Director, Tresa Fasnacht at email@example.com