Organization: San Francisco Zoological Society
Location: San Francisco, CA, United States
Job or Internship: Job
SUMMARY: Responsible for the growth, sales and maintenance of the Zoo’s family and individual membership programs including direct sales acquisition and renewal. Oversees onsite sales team and membership support staff and coordinates data entry and analysis of membership base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Develops and manages family and individual membership sales, either by direct acquisition and renewals.
2. Helps to create and monitor an annual budget of revenue and expenses associated with membership sales.
3. Develop compelling programs to increase membership and member retention.
4. Develops direct mail solicitation campaigns including creative development, copywriting and analysis.
5. Manages periodic telemarketing and/or surveys to assess lapsed membership.
6. Manages list exchange program with similar institutions.
7. Manages opportunities with group sales sites and shopping clubs.
8. Supervises creative development and maintains inventory of collateral materials for department.
9. Collaborates with Marketing and Development departments to represent Membership at Zoo events and programs.
10. Contributor to Zoo publications regarding Membership activities, content manager for membership information on Zoo’s website.
11. Supervises membership staff including membership coordinator, data entry personnel and onsite sales team.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3-4 years experience working in sales or membership-based institution or non-profit. Minimum 3-4 years supervisory experience with a proven ability to plan, organize and direct work programs and supervise staff. Experience with Raisers Edge database software strongly preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members, the community and/or donors. Ability to communicate the Zoo’s mission and relay information about the membership program to Zoo’s senior management team.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
APPLICATION: To apply, please complete an application at www.sfzoo.org. Please include a resume and cover letter. EOE.