Organization: Delaware Zoological Society/ Brandywine Zoo
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job or Internship: Job
This position serves as the Chief Staff Officer for the Delaware Zoological Society (DZS), a nonprofit organization established to provide resources and tools to enhance the Brandywine Zoo.
The Executive Director reports directly to the President of the DZS and is an Ex Officio member of the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director supervises all hired DZS staff.
The Executive Director serves as the key liaison with representatives of Delaware State Parks, which owns and manages the Brandywine Zoo.
1. Maintains a positive partnership with representatives of Delaware State Parks and ensures that all DZS activities outlined in the Agreement between the State of Delaware and Board of Directors of the DZS are fulfilled and properly reported.
2. Provides staff support to the Board of Directors of the DZS.
3. Supervises all staff, full time, part time and seasonal, on the DZS payroll.
4. Manages all DZS Board committees and provides regular updates and data for their decision making.
5. Creates the annual budget for DZS Board approval and provides regular financial reports throughout the year.
6. Plans, implements and evaluates all fund raising efforts, to include Membership, Annual Campaign, Special Events, and grant writing.
7. Develops relationships with local corporations, foundations, and individuals.
8. Oversees the marketing efforts to increase the visibility of and attendance at the Zoo and membership in the DZS.
9. Plans, implements and evaluates all efforts to increase sales for the Gift Shop and Concession Stand at the Zoo.
1. At least five (5) years of related experience at a senior staff level and possession of at least a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business and/or public administration, marketing, and accounting; or an
equivalent combination of experience, education and training directly related to the responsibilities of the position.
2. Supervisory management experience.
3. Proven fund raising experience and success.
4. Proven networking experience.
5. Tested leadership skills.
6. Proven ability for public speaking.
7. Successful track record as a self-starter.
1. Must be able to pass background check.
2. Must have a valid Driver’s License.
3. Must have Microsoft MS office skills to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
4. A zeal for animals and nature preferred.
5. Delaware resident preferred.
6. English/Spanish speaker preferred.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Megan McGlinchey, Board President, Delaware Zoological Society, at email@example.com by March 1, 2013. No phone calls, please.