Organization: South Carolina Aquarium
Location: Charleston, SC, United States
Job or Internship: Job
The ideal marketing manager will have the ability and proven experience to:
• Identify and assess opportunities and challenges from a strategic point of view.
• Integrate social media with traditional media campaigns.
• Move seamlessly between all marketing functions
• Write and edit copy for various print and online media
• Lead planning processes
• Faciliate cross-functional departmental meetings
• Provide direction regarding public relations, group sales, promotions, social media, special events
• Play well with others
Industry experience should demonstrate proven ability to drive attendance and increase ticket sales for theme parks, zoos, aquariums or similar attractions.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for instituting marketing programs to meeting public attendance objectives through traditional and social media channels. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, knowledge of AP style, editing skills, the ability to manage projects as well as the ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously. Responsibilities also include creating and implementing marketing and internal communications content consistent with and responsive to the marketing of the South Carolina Aquarium.
• Develops and implements annual marketing strategies of the South Carolina Aquarium:
• Manages annual marketing and advertising budget
• Develops integrated media campaigns, email programs, promotional events and social media campaigns
• Works collaboratively with all departments.
• Manages market research projects
• Develops and oversees copy for Aquarium communications materials including newsletters, quarterly magazine, media releases, media advisories, fact sheets, business collateral, direct mail, web content and internal signage.
• Manages Aquarium Webmaster to create and maintain current content on Aquarium website.
• Works closely with the Director of Business Strategy to coordinate production between print collateral, external communication materials and the website.
• Serves as editor of Tributaries, the Member Magazine of the South Carolina Aquarium.
• Develops strategic marketing campaigns including traditional and social media.
• Creates and maintains partnerships with key organizations and media outlets.
• Maintains good relationships with tourist industry agencies.
• Work closely with Education and Husbandry staff on all Aquarium content.
• Develops special promotional events at the Aquarium that are planned to drive attendance and media coverage.
• Plays integral part in planning processes.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supports the mission by participating in Aquarium programs and events.
• Develop a good working relationship with Aquarium vendors and partners.
• Organize and maintain communication files.
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Business Strategy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Excellent editing skills required.
• Strong organizational and planning skills and ability to multi-task.
• Exemplary interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with members, volunteers and staff.
• Must be detail oriented, enthusiastic individual able to exercise independent judgment in completing tasks, prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
• Strong planning and organizational experience necessary.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7 years experienced in a related field.
• Attraction industry experience preferred.
Requires average: Walking; Bending/Stooping/Crouching; Climbing ladders; Climbing heights (8’) est.; Carrying (up to 50 lbs.) etc.; Lifting (up to 50 lbs.) etc.; Sitting; Kneeling; Balancing; Pushing & Pulling; Crawling
• Normal Office Environment
• Some repetitive work
• Ability to flex work schedule to early morning, late nights or weekends
• Some travel required
Salary: Commensurate with Experience and Education
Qualified Applicants e-mail cover letter & resume to: email@example.com