Organization: Brevard Zoo
Location: Melbourne, FL, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Basic Function: Under general supervision, this full-time position is responsible for assisting the Marketing Director with annual marketing and communications strategies as well as planning, organizing, and executing special events at Brevard Zoo. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assist Marketing Director in development and implementation of annual marketing and communication strategies.
• Coordinate with the Directors of Development and Membership (and staff) to ensure accuracy and timeliness of database updates related in cross-over information.
• Support budget management activities (processing of paperwork, file management).
• Create and manage reports that measure and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing efforts, campaigns and initiatives (oversee tracking of coupons, promotions, etc).
• Write and edit content for a variety of communication platforms including newsletters, news releases, brochures and web-based vehicles.
• Manage the online communication plan including updating/adding content for social sites, several websites and monitoring social media trends.
• Assist departments to identify and internally communicate information to staff and guests.
• Assist in the production of collateral materials in support of organization departments and general marketing efforts.
• Assist in the generation and coordination of event sponsorships and support strategic partnership management activities (writing letters, thank you communications, and follow-up coordination).
• Serve as a communication liaison for public special events. Work with the Event Coordinator, staff, volunteers and participants to ensure a smooth, well-organized, flawless execution of events, campaigns and special projects.
• Work with staff, volunteers and committees to improve effectiveness of events, campaigns and special projects (organize and build upon existing efforts and add new initiatives) to continue to increase brand awareness, attendance and support for organization.
• Attend various community meetings and functions with the goal of strong community relations in support of brand awareness, attendance and support for organization.
• Other duties as assigned.
• College degree or a minimum of four years’ experience working in marketing, public relations, advertising or other industry-related field.
• Applicant must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient with the Internet and social media, as well Microsoft Office Suite programs.
• Flexible working schedule; will be required to work some evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Exceptional organization and time management skills are a must.
• Applicant must be capable of executing tasks independently, should be detail-oriented, physically able to lift and move event props, materials and equipment up to 30 pounds.
Americans with Disability (ADA) specifications:
• The physical demands that are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individual to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs. Balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk to hear, taste or smell. The employee must occasionally and/or move up to 30 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• The overall work environment while performing this job includes exposure to weather conditions and the noise level is usually moderate.
• The employee is expected to adhere to all policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to the policies.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to Jackie Fisher, Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 8225 N. Wickham Rd., Melbourne, FL 32940. No phone calls please.