Organization: Living Color Aquariums
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Living Color, America's largest manufacturer of Custom Aquarium Exhibits is seeking a qualified individual to join our Aquarium Livestock Division.
Our Livestock Division is responsible for the acquisition and quarantine of specimens from a wide variety of vendors. These specimens are then provided to our clients.
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to; Monitoring specimens for evidence of disease, disease diagnosis and treatment, feeding of specimens, system cleaning and maintenance, feeding and water changes, packing and unpacking of fish shipments, specimen tracking and reporting.
-Minimum of 3 years experience in keeping ornamental fish
-Minimum of 1 years experience working at an AZA accredited institution is preferred
- In depth knowledge of marine ornamental fish husbandry including disease recognition and treatment
-Experience in coral husbandry
- Experience with ornamental fish water quality requirements
-Skill in LSS maintenance and operation
- Ability to lift 50lbs on a regular basis
- SCUBA certification preferred
- Degree in Marine Biology or related field preferred
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
- Valid Florida Driver's license or ability to obtain one within 30 days
- Clean Driving Record
- Ability to work independently or as a team
- Must be able to pass a mandatory pre-employment drug test
Send Cover Letter and Resume to
Aquarium Husbandry Manager
Living Color Enterprises