Organization: Palm Beach Zoo
Location: West Palm Beach, FL, United States
Job or Internship: Internship
The Palm Beach Zoo has internship opportunities available for undergraduate level students that are interested in gaining experience in the fields of marketing, development and event planning. Interns will participate in the following:
1. special event planning and implementation including but not limited to the procurement of supplies, booking of entertainment, and finding sponsors;
2. report preparation, visitor demographic research, and general clerical duties including returning phone calls/emails, filing, data entry, and assisting with mailings when necessary;
3. managing the Palm Beach Zoo's extensive photographic database and media library/archive;
4. researching potential donor opportunities for private donations, grants, and event sponsorships as well as assist in fund raising initiatives such as outreaches at off-site locations and with the animal painting and zoo parent adoption programs;
5. assisting with grant management and reporting when needed; and
6. assisting with all advertising, social media and public relations initiatives as needed.
Requirements: All applicants must be pursuing a degree in the areas of business, marketing, communications, recreation, or a related field and must commit to a minimum of 360 hours of work over a 15 week period as well as be able to work outdoors in a typical Florida climate.
This internship opportunity is unpaid and no housing is provided. All interns must be able to work nights and weekends as needed, no holidays are required.
Computer experience including Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Power Point is a must.
Due to potential exposure to non-human primates, all applicants regardless of placement must present proof of a negative TB test administered within the past year.
To Apply: Send a resume, cover letter identifying internship area of interest, two samples of writing, proof of college enrollment as well as proof of a negative TB test to Claudia Harden, Marketing Manager.
Palm Beach Zoo
Marketing Internship Program
1301 Summit Blvd.
West Palm Beach FL 33405
No phone calls please.