Organization: Living Color Aquariums
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Living Color, America's largest manufacturer of Custom Aquarium Exhibits is seeking a qualified individual to join our Aquarium Maintenance Division.
Our Maintenance Division services the award-winning aquariums that we manufacture in public, commercial and residential properties throughout South Florida.
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to; Supervise the operation of the maintenance department for LCEI, provide training and oversight for all maintenance technicians, identify, diagnose, and treat infectious diseases for fish, provide troubleshooting assistance and repair for life support systems, cleaning of aquarium exhibitry, cleaning of interior and exterior of aquariums, water chemistry testing, life support system maintenance, and daily care of fish and invertebrates.
-Minimum of 5 years experience in keeping ornamental fish
-Minimum of 2 years experience working at an AZA accredited institution is preferred
- In depth knowledge of marine ornamental fish husbandry
-Experience in coral husbandry
- Experience with ornamental fish water quality requirements
-Skill in LSS maintenance and operation
- Ability to lift 50lbs on a regular basis
- SCUBA certification preferred
- Degree in Marine Biology or related field preferred
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
- Valid Florida Driver's license or ability to obtain one within 30 days
- Clean Driving Record
- Ability to work independently or as a team
- Must be able to pass a mandatory pre employment drug test
Send Cover Letter and Resume to
Aquarium Husbandry Manager
Living Color Enterprises