AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums, Certified Related Facilities, Commercial Members, Conservation Partners and Society Partners may post free unlimited online job listings as a member benefit. Non-members can purchase job listings. How to post a job
Interested in a career in AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums? Learn more about types of zoo and aquarium jobs and relevant education programs in our career center.
Mote Overview: Mote is celebrating over 64 years as one of the few remaining independent, non-profit international marine research laboratories. The Mote research enterprise has more than 20 diverse research programs, a diverse array of education/outreach programs, and an aquarium featuring working laboratories and more than 100 marine species. Mote currently has over 200 staff and 1700 volunteers that are located on its main campus in Sarasota, with others at five additional campuses/facilities including a state-of-the-art 200 acre marine and freshwater aquaculture research park, a new 19,000 square foot International Center for Coral Reef Research & Restoration in the Florida Keys and work is underway for the over 100,000 square foot Science Education Aquarium.
The Mote scientific expertise is considerable and diverse, and is augmented by approximately 150 non-resident scientists from over 100 different U.S. and international institutions who are involved in projects at Mote. In addition, more than 70 non-resident scientists from around the world have been appointed as Adjunct Mote Scientists due to their significant level of sustained collaboration with Mote scientists and regular use of Mote facilities to conduct their research.
Mote Arthur Vining Davis Library & Archives: Provides access to scholarly materials that support world-class research and increase the understanding of marine and environmental science. Materials in the library collection support the aquarium and education and research conducted by Mote scientists and staff and are of a scientific/technical nature.
Position Details: Position is requested to start on May 1st, 2020, is full time, and is located at 1600 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota, FL 34236. Position reports to the Associate Vice President of Sponsored Research and Coastal Policy Programs. Salary is $60-70,000 annually plus partially subsidized health insurance, retirement with partial employer matching, and sick/holiday/vacation leave time.
• American Library Association accredited Master’s Degree is required.
• 5+ years’ related experience is required.
• Academy of Certified Archivists certification is preferred.
• Knowledge of library, archival, scientific, and government database resources.
• Professionalism, good written and verbal communication, and team-minded.
• Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Creative problem solving skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
• Work independently on assigned responsibilities.
• Submit a single PDF file containing a cover letter, resume, and three references with contact information. Address cover letters to the Associate Vice President of Sponsored Research and Coastal Policy Programs.
• Send applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, using subject line “Librarian Archivist Application”. Or, mail a single package of all requested materials to Human Resources, Mote Marine Laboratory, 1600 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota, FL 34236.
• Applications may be submitted at any time and review of applications will begin April 10, 2020 and will end May 1, 2020.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other protected category.
Mote Marine Laboratory, Inc.1600 Ken Thompson PkwySarasota, FL 34236Phone: 9413884441Fax: 9413883927
Visit our website
Please enter your contact information below. This is for communication purposes only and will not display on your listing.