Not all AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums participate in the Reciprocal Admissions Program. Please refer to the 2016 Chart (Reciprocal Admissions List in PDF) to see if a particular AZA-accredited zoo or aquarium is participating.
Zoos and aquariums listed on the 2016 Reciprocal Admissions List have agreed to participate from March 2016 to March 2017. Occasionally, zoos and aquarium are added to this list during the year. Please check the AZA Web site for the most current list.
How to Interpret the 2016 Reciprocal Admissions List
- Zoos and aquariums designated 50% offer a 50% discount to all the zoos and aquariums on this list.
- Zoos and aquariums designated both 100% and 50%:
- offer free admission to all zoos and aquariums designated 100% and 50% as well as those that are Free to the Public;
- offer a 50% discount to zoos and aquariums designated 50%.
- The zoos and aquariums designated Free to the Public offer other benefits such as gift shop discounts.
Geographic Restrictions May Apply
The zoos and aquariums on the 2016 Reciprocal Admissions List that are located in close geographic proximity to each other are not required to offer free or discounted admission to each other's members, although they may offer an alternative discount. "Close geographic proximity" is determined by each institution.
Should you have any questions about an institution's participation due to geographic proximity, please contact the zoo or aquarium directly.
Planning Your Visit
- Members will be required to show proof of zoo or aquarium membership.
- Reciprocity applies to admission to the main facility during normal operating days and hours. Reciprocity may exclude special exhibits or events requiring an additional fee.
- Reciprocity does not limit the number of visits to any particular zoo or aquarium.
- The number of visitors admitted with a family membership may vary depending on the zoo or aquarium visited.
Please call each individual zoo or aquarium BEFORE you visit to confirm details and restrictions!
A Few Caveats
Please note that the AZA Reciprocal Admissions Program is not the same as the AZA Free and Discounted Admissions Program for AZA Members, which applies ONLY to members of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and is intended to facilitate professional exchange among zoo and aquarium employees.
AZA cannot mediate reciprocity disputes between participating zoos and aquariums.