Reproduction Scientific Advisory Group
The mission of the Reproduction Scientific Advisory Group (SAG) is to develop cooperative relationships between AZA, its Animal Programs, its accredited institutions, and the scientific community of reproduction specialists and provide technical advice to enhance reproduction services for AZA Animal Programs.
The Reproduction SAG advises the AZA Wildlife Conservation and Management Committee (WCMC), Conservation Department, and Animal Program Leaders on issues related to reproductive biology. It is overseen by the WCMC.
The Reproduction SAG is administered by a Steering Committee composed of three Officers (Chair, Vice-Chair, and Secretary) all of whom are elected from the Reproduction SAG membership. The primary functions of Reproduction SAG are to:
- Determine the reproductive status of individuals.
- Assess reproductive needs for different species.
- Identify and prioritize specific reproductive research topics.
- Recommend appropriate technology, resources and personnel who might be interested in assisting with the topics identified.
- Advise AZA Animal Programs on methods for enhancing reproductive performance.
- Provide the latest scientific information to advance reproductive technologies for rare or endangered species.
Interested in Becoming an RSAG Member?
If you are interested in becoming involved with or obtaining more information about the Reproductive SAG, please contact Karen Goodrowe Beck, Chair.