Organization: Aquarium of the Bay
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Aquarium of the Bay and its partner The Bay Institute work together to protect, restore and inspire conservation of the San Francisco Bay and its watershed, from the Sierra to the sea. We combine San Francisco’s only waterfront Aquarium with one of the region’s most effective environmental advocacy groups working to protect the entire San Francisco Bay watershed. We use great science, smart partnerships, tough litigation, powerful policy work and intriguing nature experiences to galvanize and educate the broadest possible constituency.
The Bay Institute and Aquarium of the Bay seek a full-time Development Database Coordinator to support donor stewardship activities and is part of the Development Department. Specifically, the Development Database Coordinator is responsible for leading the processing of all gifts, general data maintenance, developing and generating reports in Excel and donor database, and creating and implementing standardized guidelines for data entry and other features of the database. This position reports to Aquarium of the Bay's Director of Development.
The position will be based at the Aquarium of the Bay offices in San Francisco.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Gift Tracking and Acknowledgements
• Develop and manage gift processing projects and timelines which include all data entry tasks.
• Manage standardization guidelines for donor database activities and responsible for all aspects of constituent management, including creating efficient back-ups, filing and correspondence systems and organizing the financial and personal records of supporters.
• Process acknowledgments through donor database and Microsoft Word; print letters; review with Development Director and mail acknowledgements.
• Work with the Development Directors of The Bay Institute and Aquarium of the Bay to determine which letters require customization and to ensure that all major gifts of $1,000+ are acknowledged within 48 hours of receipt.
• Follows procedure for processing restricted gifts and coordinates with Finance.
• Works with Finance to ensure proper processing and coding of all gifts, from stock gifts to credit card gifts to check gifts.
• Coordinates monthly reconciliation with Finance
• Work directly with supporters as needed to build and strengthen constituent relations.
• Oversees mailing and email list pulls from donor database for all mail/email campaigns; segment and clean lists; print any material that is done in-house; ensure that mail/email drop deadlines are met.
• Ensures availability of letterhead, labels, envelopes and postage stamps.
• Works with the Membership team to prepare welcome packages for new Donor Club members and renewals
• Coordinate and implement cultivation mailing/email campaigns such as holiday cards, annual reports, special reports, newsletters, and invitations.
• Review donation reports weekly for donor club member donations as well as general donations.
Maintain RSVP lists through donor database and provide event registration support at fundraising events.
Prepare event related reports pre-event and summary reports post-event.
Coordinate Gala special projects, including but not limited to: oversee sponsorship solicitation and benefits mailings; obtain proper logos and recognition names from sponsors; update sponsor documents as needed; maintain RSVP list and production of name badges; manage registration tables at the Gala; prepare any tracking reports needed pre and post-Gala.
Assist with the fundraising and planning of the Gala, particularly with list creation and mailing support.
• Process and maintain Development contacts for the department.
• Enter actions, next steps and other information for the CEO and members of the Development Team into the database
• Coordinate department-wide activities and projects such as the weekly gift report, monthly staff meetings and orientation materials for new staff members
• Recognize and recommend to the Director of Development short-term and long-term goals and objectives for all donor database needs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor’s (B.A./B.S.) degree or equivalent in related discipline
• Experience: 2+ years of administrative experience, preferably in development
o An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
o Strong technological aptitude with advanced skills using Microsoft Word and Excel and willingness to learn specialized software such as eTapestry;
o Strong analytical skills;
o Strong organizational skills;
o Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with both management and support staff;
o Excellent proofreading skills and knowledge of grammar;
o Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem solving skills to resolve issues;
o Ability to function efficiently in a busy environment;
o Expected to work independently and/or as a team member with initiative, motivation, flexibility, organization, and strong attention to accuracy and detail.
FT; Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm. Some nights and/or weekends will be required as needed for fundraising events.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.