Organization: Chicago Zoological Society-Brookfield Zoo
Location: Brookfield, Illinois, United States
Job or Internship: Internship
Chicago Zoological Society, which manages Brookfield Zoo, is currently accepting applications for our College Experiential Learning Opportunities (CELO) program.
Please visit the following site for specific details on applying and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any other questions you may have: (http://www.czs.org/czs/Educational-Programs/Internships.aspx)
Chicago Zoological Society is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/V/D
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply and to identify themselves.
Title Human Resources, Training and Development Intern (unpaid)
This position contributes to the success of the Chicago Zoological Society by
developing and enhancing human capital and capacity through on-the-job
experiential learning and support of the training function and to stimulate interest in
a career in the field of training and development in a non-profit, cultural, or
The training and development intern will work alongside the training team to
design, develop, and evaluate training programs, learn and perform administrative
functions, and conduct research for the future implementation of a Learning
Management System (LMS).
1. Assist in the development of Zoo University courses (instructor-led and eLearning), curriculum, and materials that incorporate input from subject matter
experts and utilize adult learning theory and sound instructional design principles
2. Assist with Zoo University training administration including, coordinating and
administering registrations, communications, and training records (25%)
3. Assist in researching action steps for the future implantation of a Learning
Management System (LMS) (20%)
4. Assist in updating current educational materials and e-Learning courses to align
with Zoo University learning goals. (5%)
5. Other related duties as assigned (5%)
• Minimum two years of college with 2.5/4.0 overall GPA, majoring in Training
and Development or Organizational Development or other directly related
• Minimum 18 years of age.
• Good interpersonal, communication (oral and written), organizational skills,
ability to multi-task and work independently.
• Working knowledge of e-Learning development tools such as Articulate and
• Passion for and commitment to conservation, environmental sustainability
• Commitment to making a positive impact through the development of people.
• Experience and/or ability working and interacting effectively with a diverse,
This internship assignment description summarizes the primarily learning
experiences and functions involved, but should not be considered a complete
listing of every type of project or work experience the incumbent may be called
upon to perform.