Organization: Grant's Farm
Location: St. Louis, MO, us
Job or Internship: Job
Job Description: Position is available from April 1st – November 3rd. This is a part-time position with approximately 32 hours per week. Housing and benefits are not included in this position. If you are chosen for an interview, a short video of yourself may be required as part of the selection process.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Public speaking experience required. Preference will be given to those with this experience.
• Will be required to work holidays, weekends and some evenings.
• Must be team oriented.
• Ability to lift 50lbs.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Bachelor degree or working towards a degree in any of the life sciences preferred.
• Prior animal experience or training experience with animals preferred.
• Public speaking is required. Must perform keeper talks and our 20 minute Animal Encounters show in a theater in front of large audiences.
• Responsible for show preparation and maintaining the animal behaviors as directed by the supervisor.
• Communicates (written and oral) effectively with co-workers, supervisors and guests.
• Daily animal care including but not limited to feeding, cleaning, and training of animals including reptiles, amphibians, small mammals and birds.
• Observes animals for changes in behavior and any signs of injury or illness.
• Assists veterinarian and supervisor with animal treatment and administers medications as prescribed.
• Follows guidelines on safe handling, restraint, in accordance with organization policies.
• Keeps accurate daily records.
• Provides approved animal enrichment.
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to:
Ronda Bellinger 314-849-6270
10501 Gravois Road
St. Louis, Missouri 63123