Organization: Brevard Zoo
Location: Melbourne, FL, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Basic Function: Under general supervision, this full-time position is responsible for assisting the Development Director and Marketing Director with planning, organizing, and executing special events, campaigns and special projects at Brevard Zoo. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for providing logistics and operational management and support of all organization events, campaigns and special projects to include staff and volunteer job descriptions and schedules (to support activities), event layout, operations and oversight and hands-on implementation (set up to tear down).
• Support the coordination of event sponsorships to include ensuring sponsors are entered into donor management systems, are tracked and recognized as appropriate (receipts for monies, thank you letters and after-event/activity communications).
• Provide administrative and relationship management support to the Development and Marketing departments in support of sponsorships and other development and marketing initiatives and partnerships.
• Responsible for creating timely development and marketing, sponsorship and other partnership reports, as well as other database reports as assigned (included, but not limited to, monthly development and marketing reports, revenue reports and sponsorship/ partnership participation).
• Coordinate with staff, volunteers and participants to ensure a smooth, well-organized and flawless execution of events, campaigns and special projects.
• Work with staff, volunteers and committees to improve effectiveness of events, campaigns and special projects (organize and build upon existing efforts and add new initiatives) to continue to increase brand awareness, attendance and support for organization.
• Other duties as assigned.
• College degree or a minimum of two years’ experience working in the event planning and management or associated field.
• Applicant must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient with the Internet and social media, as well Microsoft Office Suite programs.
• Flexible working schedule; will be required to work some evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Exceptional organization and time management skills are a must.
• Applicant must be capable of executing tasks independently, be detail-oriented, physically fit to lift and move event props, materials, and equipment up to 30 pounds.
Americans with Disability (ADA) specifications:
The physical demands that are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individual to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs. Balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk to hear, taste or smell. The employee must occasionally and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The overall work environment while performing this job includes exposure to weather conditions and the noise level is usually moderate.
The employee is expected to adhere to all policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to the policies.
To apply, please forward resume and cover letter to Jackie Fisher, Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 8225 N. Wickham Rd., Melbourne, FL 32940. No phone calls please.