Organization: Brevard Zoo
Location: Melbourne, FL, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Job Description Summary
Provides administrative assistance and substantive support to the organization’s fundraising and development programs and endeavors. Assists the Director of Development in implementing all aspects of the development plan, including comprehensive database management, fund drives and campaigns, donor relations, fundraising events and other development activities. Assists with donor recruitment, cultivation, retention, stewardship and appreciation.
• Manage donor database system and continually update so that it is precisely accurate with comprehensive and complete donor information.
• Work with Directors of Marketing and Membership to ensure accuracy and timeliness of database updates related to cross-over information.
• Organize and maintain development records, office files, and individual and corporate donor files.
• Work with Finance Department to manage and reconcile development and business income records (including but not limited to monthly development revenue report, pledge status reports, annual fund donations, capital campaign donations and event sponsorships).
• Process donations and create/draft acknowledgement letters and other correspondence related thereto.
• Conduct research, analyze data and compile reports on current and prospective donors.
• Actively support efforts to identify, solicit, steward, maintain and upgrade donors.
• Create monthly written development activity and fundraising reports and other database reports as assigned. Research appropriate benchmarks and metrics and report on new donors, donor retention, attrition, donation amounts and other appropriate information needed to assess develop goal and objective accomplishment.
• Provide high level customer service to donors and other constituents by fielding phone, email and personal inquiries, confirming receipt of donations and assuring any issues or concerns are immediately addressed and handled.
• When instructed, initiate and coordinate production and mailing of all fundraising appeals, campaigns, reports and other donor correspondence by creating the pieces, preparing the mailings and ensuring their distribution. Perform mail merges from Donor Perfect and ensure absolute integrity of addressee data.
• Manage Jaguar Society memberships, renewals and member support.
• Track pledges and oversee process of notification and solicitation of payment.
• Implement Donor Appreciation and cultivation events and activities.
• Set up and schedule development department meetings, assemble agenda and all resource materials, take copious meeting minutes, prepare minutes for distribution.
• Support fundraising efforts by researching and analyzing donor prospects, scheduling luncheons, presentations, tours and familiarization sessions for donors and prospective donors. As directed, substantively participate in these sessions.
• Manage preparation of monthly donor newsletter in conjunction with Director of Development.
• Other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; may be substituted by Associate’s Degree with comprehensive work experience.
• Minimum of two years prior administrative experience, preferably in a fundraising or not-for-profit development office.
• Experience and proficiency with managing databases. Fundraising software and experience with Donor Perfect, a plus.
• Strong proficiency and experience in the full suite of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to compose letters, draft reports and create copy for newsletters that is detailed, persuasive, accurate, complete and error-free.
• Highly developed interpersonal, networking and rapport building skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to effectively prioritize work and complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ability to multi-task and manage the completion of multiple projects, often with shifting priorities.
• Familiarity with local donor community is preferred.
Americans with Disability (ADA) specifications:
The physical demands that are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individual to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs. Balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk to hear, taste or smell. The employee must occasionally and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The overall work environment while performing this job includes exposure to weather conditions and the noise level is usually moderate.
The employee is expected to adhere to all policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to the policies.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to Jackie Fisher, Human Resources Director at email@example.com or 8225 N. Wickham Rd., Melbourne, FL 32940. No phone calls please.