Organization: Mystic Aquarium
Location: Mystic, CT, United States
Job or Internship: Internship
Under the direction of Fish and Invertebrates
Herpetologist will feed and maintaining the exhibits and holding tanks of the reptiles, amphibians and insects within our collection.
• Food preparation
• Feeding reptile, amphibian and insect collection.
• Maintenance of terrariums (scrubbing, water changes, water/air monitoring, filter maintenance, H2O chemical analysis etc.) under aquarist/herpetologist supervision.
• Cleaning of food-prep and other back-up areas.
• Assistance with new-exhibit construction and collection of specimens.
• Life Support operation
• Assist with fish and invertebrate care and husbandry
• Development of new reptile and amphibian husbandry care and research
• Hands-on exhibit building
• Acquiring and researching new animals for our exhibits
• Reptile and amphibian nutrition dietary care and research
Please go to: http://www.mysticaquarium.org/get-involved/internships for a full description of the Internship Program and instructions on how to apply.