See You in Orlando!
Be sure to Save the Date and join AZA and the International Marine Animal Trainer's Association (IMATA) for the 2014 Annual Conference, September 12-18, in Orlando, FL, hosted by Disney's Animal Kindgom, The Seas, and SeaWorld Orlando.
Questions about the Annual Conference? Contact Cheryl Wallen, Meeting Planner.
Interested in Exhibiting or Sponsoring? To view various sponsorship opportunities and information for exhibitors, please check out our Annual Conference Prospectus. Keep in mind that all our sponsorships are subject to right of first refusal rules and regulations. Contact Gina Velosky, Manager of Business Development & Marketing with questions.
Call for Papers is Closed
The 2014 Annual Conference will offer joint programming of the Association of Zoos & Aquariums (AZA) and the International Marine Animal Trainers' Association (IMATA). Attendees will be able to attend all concurrent sessions, regardless of which organization they are a part of!
The deadline for submissions was Friday, April 11th. Submitters will be notified regarding the committee's decision in mid-May. A draft program will be available in early June.
Conference Schedule At A Glance
A more detailed schedule of meetings and concurrent sessions will be available in June 2014.
- Thursday, September 11 - Optional Pre-Conference Tour
- Friday, September 12 - AZA Accreditation Hearings, IMATA Board Meeting, IMATA Basic Behavior Class, Optional Pre-Conference Tour
- Saturday, September 13 - AZA Accreditation Hearings, AZA Committee and Animal Program Meetings, IMATA Board Meeting, IMATA Advanced Behavior Class
- Sunday, September 14 - AZA Accreditation Hearings, AZA Committee and Animal Program Meetings, IMATA Resume Review, AZA & IMATA Icebreaker at SeaWorld Orlando
- Monday, September 15 - AZA & IMATA Opening General Session, Concurrent Sessions, IMATA Career Fair
- Tuesday, September 16 - AZA General Session and Honors & Awards Lunch, IMATA Business Meeting, Concurrent Sessions, Poster Reception, IMATA Informal Night, IMATA Live Auction
- Wednesday, September 17 - Concurrent Sessions, AZA & IMATA Zoo Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Thursday, September 18 - IMATA Sessions and Awards Banquet, Optional Post-Conference Tour
- Friday, September 19 - Optiona Post-Conference Tour
Tentative Exhibit Hall Schedule
Booth sales will begin in late April going into May, beginning with tenured exhibitors. More detailed information regarding booth draw will be sent to Commercial Members in late April. For more information regarding exhibiting, contact Gina Velosky, Manager of Busniess Development & Marketing. *Exhibit Hall hours are subject to change.
- Sunday, September 14 - Exhibtior Move-in; 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Monday, September 15 - Exhibit Hall Open: 9:30 am - 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, September 16 - Exhibit Hall Open: 1:30 pm - 7:00 pm, Exhibitor Move-out 7:00 pm-10:00 pm
- Wednesday, September 17 - Exhibitor Move-out: 8:00 am-10:00 am
Housing and Registration
Information on hotel reservations, registration, and discounted park tickets will be available in early May.
Presentations Available For Download
Authorized PowerPoint and Poster Presentations from past AZA Conference and Meetings are available for download to AZA members.
Upcoming Annual Conferences
September 12-18, 2014
Hosted by Disney's Animal Kingdom, The Seas, and SeaWorld Orlando
September 17-21, 2015
Salt Lake City, UT
Hosted by Utah's Hogle Zoo
September 6-11, 2016
San Diego, CA
Hosted by San Diego Zoo
September 8-13, 2017
Hosted by the Indianapolis Zoo
If you are interested in hosting an upcoming AZA Meeting, please contact the AZA Meetings Department.