Organization: ZOOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF FLORIDA
Location: MIAMI, FL, United States
Job or Internship: Job
The primary function of the Education/Volunteer Director is to lead the development of innovative programs and interpretive elements that provide accurate information on Zoo Miami animal collection and support the educational mission of the Zoological Society of Florida and Zoo Miami. The Education/Volunteer Director is responsible for developing, conducting and evaluating school group and individual member programs, teacher and adult education, writing and providing written curriculum for classroom teachers and families, operating the Children's Zoo, developing interpretive graphics, exhibit elements and experiences for the general zoo visitor and leading the Volunteer Department, while working with a support staff of professional, specialized and clerical personnel. Bilingual in English-Spanish is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of the principles and methods of education.
• Thorough knowledge of the principles of business administration and management, including supervisory principles and practices.
• Ability to effectively direct the planning and implementation of various non-profit programs.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Education, Zoology, Environmental Studies or related field. Master’s Degree preferred. Five to ten years of experience in conservation/environmental education, preferably in a zoo environment, with progressively responsible management experience.
Salary is commensurate with experience; we offer medical and dental health insurance and 401K retirement plan. Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org