Organization: Texas State Aquarium
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Job or Internship: Job
This position is a seasonal opening that will have a 40hr work week for a duration of 13 weeks to begin at the end of May / beginning of June.
• Provide primary care and rehabilitation of raptors and shore birds.
• Assist in the care, moving, capture or release of animals as directed.
• Assist in the preparation of food, vitamins and medication for animals as directed.
• Observe animal behavior and report unusual/abnormal behavior to supervisor.
• Maintain feeding and medical logs.
• Mentor volunteers.
• Work under the guidelines as stated in TSA’s federal and state permits.
• Understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures in work areas.
• Maintain and clean rehabilitation hospital and SeaLab rehabilitation areas.
• Assist with general office duties, including typing, filing and recordkeeping.
• Clean, maintain and store utensils and equipment used to feed and care for animals.
• Comply with safety policies, practices, and procedures. Report all unsafe work practices to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
• Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve department and company goals.
• Research methods for improving care of animals undergoing rehabilitation.
• Assist in design and construction of projects for improvement of animal care in collection and rehabilitation facilities.
• Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills.
• Provide exceptional guest service.
• Adhere to all governmental/AZA policies regarding acquisition, husbandry, records, and animal health.
• Abide by all TSA Policies and Procedures as outlined in the Employee Manual.
• Adhere to all TSA Animal Husbandry Policies and Procedures as outlined in the Animal Husbandry Manual.