Organization: Dallas Zoo Mgmt, Inc.
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Prepares and delivers diets for all animals at Dallas Zoo. Receives and stores food items delivered to Animal Nutrition Center.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare and deliver food to animal buildings and exhibit areas daily as scheduled.
• Receive and store items delivered to the Animal Nutrition Center. Report suspect food and unusable items to supervisor immediately.
• Follow protocols and operating procedures to maintain a high level of sanitation and food safety.
• Conducts weekly inventory as assigned.
• Follow all safety protocols and understand Nutrition Department’s role in emergency procedures.
• Communicate with and assist vendors and visitors as needed.
• Work cooperatively and communicate clearly and assertively with zoo staff including volunteers.
• Study specific reference materials pertinent to sanitation, food handling, storage techniques, and nutrition of the animals in the collection as assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must have at least two years of food preparation, warehousing or animal care experience.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in biological field preferred, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must be flexible, self-motivated and a team player.
• Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
• Must be able to establish and maintain an effective rapport with all levels of management, employees and zoo guests.
• Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Must have good observational skills.
• Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull bend, climb stairs and ladders and carry up to 50lbs.
• Must be able to actively work in inclement weather.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All applicants MUST place job code NTRKP1 in the subject line to be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era.