Organization: Zoo Atlanta
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Job Title: Manager of Sales & Education Marketing Position Posted:
Department: Education Reports to: VP of Education
FLSA Status: Exempt Job Grade:
Job Status: Full-time
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of marketing of education programs (fee-based and public) and sales of all zoo programs including, but not limited to, group and consignment tickets, education programs, volunteer programs, event rentals, and events. Responsible for supporting revenue goals of multiple areas. Manage school, school district, and other community partnerships. Manage two full-time employees.
Essential Marketing Responsibilities:
• Create marketing plans for education programs, including public programs, and coordinate implementation of those plans with education and marketing departments.
• Identify new customers.
• Manage the creation of key education collaterals, such as education brochure, family mailings, flyers, etc., including coordination between marketing and outside contracts/printer/mailer
• Communicate marketing strategies with the reservations department
• Coordinate submission of copy for communications collaterals including eUpdate, email blasts, flyers, brochures, membership renewals, board briefs, etc.
• Create collateral aimed at specific groups such as corporations, hotels, scouts, homeschools, public and private schools, PTA, daycares, etc.
• Negotiate with vendors and partners for greatest ROI
• Attend relevant marketing, sales, and development meetings to discuss and plan promotions
• Manage edits to education pages of website and ensure programs are listed on calendars as needed
• Manage the education advertising budget
• Write articles as needed for program promotion
• Work with Zoo Atlanta’s marketing department to coordinate advertising and promotion of family programs.
• Work closely with School and Family Programs team to market programs based on revenue goals.
• Work closely with the Public Programs team to market volunteer programs and on-grounds interpretive programs.
• Work closely with Zoo Atlanta membership to maintain a presence in member collaterals and meet the needs of members.
• Assist in the development and monitoring of related revenue goals
• Develop service proposals, contracts and MOUs for contractual relationships.
• Prepare monthly and annual reports to assist in strategy planning
• Monitor progress of marketing and sales initiatives and make adjustments as needed with future strategies
Essential Sales Responsibilities:
• Accomplishes sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating sales collateral; develop field sales action plans.
• Identify new sales opportunities and customers.
• Identifies sales opportunities by identifying consumer requirements and defining and expanding reach in market.
• Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base and designated areas (within metro Atlanta and surrounding SE states).
• Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
• Generate and develop new customer accounts to increase revenue, by cold-calling and in-person presentations.
Essential Partnership Responsibilities:
• Manage current education and community partnerships
• Coordinate communications, marketing, advertising, meetings with partners with partners
• Support partner needs
• Seek and support new education and community partnerships
• Oversee partner-driven events
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Exhibit or present at conferences as necessary for marketing purposes
• Maintain Zoo Atlanta education email lists
• Manage high volume of deadlines and projects
• Conduct research relevant to marketing and grant initiatives
• Actively participates in Zoo-wide organizations and professional organizations (AZA, Green Team, AAZK, EEA, etc.)
• Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and Values statement
• Any other miscellaneous projects or assignments assigned by Zoo Atlanta’s Education management team.
• Minimum of three years successful experience in sales and marketing
• Strong sales and marketing experience required
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of current marketing and sales trends essential
• Very strong organizational, managerial, research, and editorial skills
• Staff and project management required
Skills, & Abilities:
• Excellent computer skills required; familiarity with database systems a plus
• Success in establishing and maintaining partnerships required
• Skilled in MS Office
• Creativity and enthusiasm
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in writing, communication skills, educational trends, techniques, and implementation; writing sample required during interview
• Strong supervisory, teamwork and customer service skills are essential
• Flexible schedule as some evening, weekend and holiday work required
• Professional dress, appearance, and conduct
Education Level Required: Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, or related field; Masters degree preferred.
• Must be able to lift and carry 20 lbs.
• Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Must be comfortable around all species, including snakes and spiders
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
To apply for this position, please go to our website: zooatlanta.org/Careers