Organization: Zoo Atlanta
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Job Title: Supervisor of Sales Date: January 2014
Department: Education Reports to: VP of Education
FLSA Status: Exempt Job Status: Full-time
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for sales of Zoo Atlanta’s products including group tickets, education programs, upcoming events, and will support the sales and promotion of event rentals, membership, sponsorship, and volunteer programs. This position will coordinate attendance at events, relevant conferences and trade shows, and sales meetings. This position reports to the Manager of Sales and Education Marketing.
Essential Sales Responsibilities:
• Conduct a minimum of 8 sales presentations/calls per week to current and new customer locations.
• Accomplishes sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating sales collateral; develop field sales action plans.
• Identifies sales opportunities by identifying consumer requirements and defining and expanding reach in market.
• Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs, anticipating new opportunities.
• Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base and designated areas (within metro Atlanta and surrounding SE states).
• Manage Zoo’s presence at exhibiting events (festivals, conferences, events, etc.)
• Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
• Generate and develop new customer accounts to increase revenue, by cold-calling and in-person presentations.
• Ensure follow-up with prospective sales and appropriate zoo departments by passing leads to account managers with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
• Make front-line assessment of market conditions and advise appropriate zoo staff of findings.
• Build and maintain ongoing awareness of current and new Zoo products and services, competitor activities, and other research.
Essential Managerial Responsibilities:
• Meets sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing and managing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances.
• Determines annual sales plan by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; monitoring competition.
• Monitor progress of sales initiatives and make adjustments as needed with future strategies.
• Coordinate offsite exhibiting and staffing, including volunteers, to promote products
• Actively manage call and presentation schedule to adequately cover assigned territory in a time-efficient manner.
• Use marketing data using applicable sales management software tools to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness.
• Maintain accurate records, including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, billing invoices, monthly reports and other documentation.
Support Role & Responsibilities:
• Support the education team in the planning and execution of education’s marketing plan, discount programs and offsite marketing events
• Support the sales needs of other Zoo departments (marketing, operations, development, etc.) and communicate regularly with them
• Support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and Values statement
• Assist with Zoo sponsored events.
• Other projects or duties as assigned.
Education Level Required:
• Bachelors degree in sales, business, communications or other related field
• Masters degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Minimum of three years of successful sales experience required, non-profit experience a plus
• Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
• Strong knowledge of sales principles, trends, methods, practices, and techniques.
• Proficient in MS Office and familiarity with database systems a plus
• Exceptional written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Very strong organizational, research, and editorial skills
• Resourcefulness, creativity and enthusiasm required
• Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers, internal and external.
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
• Tuesday-Saturday is regular work schedule; schedule will vary as some evening, weekend and holiday work required.
• Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license. Must maintain a good driving record to drive Zoo vehicles.
• Frequent travel is required.
• Professional dress, appearance, and conduct.
• Must be able to lift and carry 20 lbs.
• Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Must be comfortable around all species, including snakes and spiders.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
To apply for this position, please go to our website at: zooatlanta.org/Careers