Organization: Feiro Marine Life center
Location: Port Angeles, WA, us
Job or Internship: Job
Port Angeles, Washington
About the Feiro Marine Life Center
Feiro Marine Life Center is a non-profit marine science and education organization located in Port Angeles, Washington. The Feiro currently operates a small hands-on public aquarium on the city pier that annually hosts over 20,000 visitors and provides experiential marine science education programs to over 3,000 local school students. Since the organization became a non-profit in 2008 it has been growing rapidly and has outgrown its current facility. As a result of this growth, the organization has collaborated with NOAA’s Olympic Coast National Marine Sanctuary and the City of Port Angeles and is currently in the midst of a pre-design process for a new facility.
As the Feiro continues to grow, it seeks its first full-time Executive Director to oversee the organization’s operations and its expansion efforts. The Executive Director will be responsible for the overall leadership of the organization and play a key role in shaping this evolving non-profit. Initially, the Board assumes that job duties will be fairly evenly split between:
1. managing the existing programs and facility and,
2. leading the organization through a collaborative process and bringing the organization into a new facility with a sustainable financial model.
The Executive Director - working with the Board of Directors - develops, implements, oversees and administers all aspects of the Feiro’s mission and is directly responsible for maintaining financial stability and growth.
Experience, Competencies and Education
The ideal candidate can demonstrate the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the Feiro’s mission, an advanced degree is preferred.
· Experience in organizational management and administration – directing a business or nonprofit involving supervision of a diverse staff and management of funds.
· Demonstrated leadership working with partners organizations and a Board of Directors.
· Experience taking an organization to the next level, including the expansion of programs, staffing, and facilities.
· Success utilizing volunteers to help lead an organization.
· Practiced in strategic planning and implementation.
· Demonstrated success in fundraising and public relations.
· A sincere commitment to the goals and values of the Feiro.
· Ability and willingness to occasionally assist with educational programs delivery and facility maintenance.
This is intended to be a full-time exempt position that reports to the Feiro Marine Life Center Board of Directors. Salary is commensurate with experience but is expected to be between $60,000-$70,000/year. The Feiro values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to diversify our workforce and seek applications from individuals of all backgrounds, abilities, cultures, orientations, identities, and communities.
To Be Considered
Please send a cover letter addressing your qualifications, resume or CV, and contact information for 3 references that are ready to speak to your background and qualifications for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This hiring process will remain open until filled; applications will be reviewed beginning by the selection committee on January 27th, 2014.