Organization: Fort Worth Zoo
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Job or Internship: Job
The Fort Worth Zoo has an open keeper position working with Asian elephants, Asian rhino, and Nile hippopotamus.
• Provide animal care
• Monitor animal health
• Maintain cleanliness of animal areas
• Provide enrichment and training
• Occasional keeper presentations and demonstrations for zoo guests
• Make minor exhibit modifications
• High school diploma or equivalent
• One-year experience working with elephants preferably in a zoo setting
• Good communication/organizational skills
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record to maintain Zoo standards of insurability
• Ability to weld and operate a Bobcat is a plus
The Fort Worth Zoo is an elephant breeding facility with 3.4 Asian elephants in a free-contact and protected-contact system. This provides an excellent opportunity for keeper learning and growth.
This full-time, benefited position is open until filled. Starting salary is $12.50/hour. Final candidate must successfully pass a background check and drug screen.
Interested applicants may submit résumé /application to:
Human Resources Department
Fort Worth Zoo
1989 Colonial Parkway
Fort Worth, TX 76110
Apply online at fortworthzoo.org