Organization: Silverton Casino
Location: Las Vegas, NV, us
Job or Internship: Job
Web Address: www.silvertoncasino.com
Aquarium Manager provides leadership, supervision, and guidance to all staff members within the department of aquarium operations while specializing in the area of life support/water filtration systems. Aquarium Manager directs all aspects of the life support systems for the care and maintenance of a 100,000-gallon marine aquarium and associated quarantine facilities. This position will assist in all aspects of providing care and maintenance for aquarium exhibit(s) and associated quarantine facilities, provide support for mermaid show and educational presentations.
- Directs all aspects of life support systems for the care and maintenance of a 100,000-gallon marine aquarium and associated quarantine facilities.
- Provides leadership, supervision and guidance to all staff members.
- Responsibilities including, but not limited to, animal husbandry, aquarium maintenance, mermaid show, and educational/research programs to establish priorities and procedures for achieving the overall goals of the operation of the aquariums at the Silverton Hotel and Casino.
- Life Support Systems: Provides supervision and guidance to staff for all aspects of water filtration equipment. Provides assessment and monitoring of water chemistry and water quality parameters.
- Safety and Maintenance: Maintains all equipment and work areas in safe fashion and in good repair. Provides supervision to staff in implementing preventive maintenance programs and safety protocols.
- Animals: Assists with quarantine procedures, monitoring of animal health, diet and behavior.
- Mermaid Show: Assists in providing support for safe and proper implementation of mermaid show.
- Education: Assists in reviewing educational materials and providing presentations as needed.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required to Perform Work:
- Thorough knowledge of aquarium systems including all aspects of life support and filtration systems for fish, maintenance needs, animal husbandry, and quarantine protocols for a large variety of marine species that meet and/or exceed professional industry standards.
- Thorough knowledge of water filtration principles and tank cycling.
- Thorough knowledge of chemical safety.
- Thorough knowledge of dive protocols and safety procedures for working within a 100,000-gallon salt-water aquarium.
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety procedures for working around and within a 100,000 gallon salt water aquarium and associated laboratory/quarantine facilities.
- Knowledge of general fish biology.
- Knowledge of management practices and principles.
- Ability to effectively communicate, motivate, and inspire the confidence of staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically, both orally and in writing.
- 6 years experience working with life support systems with a large (more than 20,000 gallons) public-oriented aquarium facility showing continual increase in responsibility.
- SCUBA certification
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Biological Sciences or related.
Working Conditions and Hazards:
- Work to be performed under normal office conditions, in saltwater aquarium, and within laboratory/fish quarantine setting.
- Individual should be able to lift and carry thirty to forty pounds of weight without any resulting health problems.
- Individual should be able to extricate 200 pound diver from aquarium without any resulting health problems.
- Individual should be able to consistently perform job duties within a large saltwater aquarium and work with a variety of species of fish and aquariums without any resulting health problems.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the individual assigned to this job classification and is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Contact Name: Rosemarie Kramer, 702-914-8520, firstname.lastname@example.org
E- mail job applications toRosemarie.email@example.com
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.