Organization: Museum of Science
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Sr. HVAC Mechanical Systems Technician
The Sr. HVAC Mechanical Systems Technician assists with the mechanical maintenance operations of the Facilities Department including the HVAC, plumbing, electrical and miscellaneous maintenance services. This position is responsible for preventative maintenance programs and other routing or emergency maintenance operations as assigned by the HVAC Systems Supervisor, Manager of Facilities, or the Facilities Office. This role also oversees outside contractors and will fill in for the HVAC Systems Supervisor in the supervisor’s absence.
• 1,000,000 sq. ft. facility
• Works several projects simultaneously
• Works schedule may vary during School Vacation weeks and Summer hours
• Occasionally supervises and advises several contractors
• Occasionally oversees up to four employees
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Sunday-Thursday 8:00am-4:00pm.
Non-exempt (Hourly). Commensurate with experience.
• Post high school course work, such as or including a technical degree, associate's degree, business certificate, apprenticeship or equivalent.
• 5+ years within the HVAC Commercial Industry
• MA Refrigeration License
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plans, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
TO APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Human Resources Department
Museum of Science
Boston, MA 02114
Fax: (617) 589-0362
Visit www.mos.org/jobs for our most up-to-date employment listings. No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application. The Museum of Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer.