Organization: Animals Asia
Location: Chengdu (China), , International
Job or Internship: Job
A unique and exciting opportunity for a Resident Veterinary Surgeon
We are seeking a dynamic Resident Veterinary Surgeon to join our bear & vet team at our China Bear Rescue Centre (CBRC) near Chengdu, China. The position will involve shared responsibility for the provision of extensive veterinary care to bears rescued from the bear bile industry, and to other resident animals and local domestic animals at each centre.
The Veterinary Surgeon will report to the centre’s Bear and Vet Team Director, but will work closely with our other Resident Veterinary Surgeon, Veterinary Nurses and Bear Management team. He/She may be required to travel within Asia and participate in welfare outreach and veterinary training projects, and work with local veterinarians.
Please contact our HR colleague firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and a full job description for each position.
- At least 3 years work experience in a large mixed veterinary practice, zoological facility, specialist referral centre, or similar working environment.
- Excellent clinical and organizational skills, attention to detail, an aptitude for problem-solving medicine and self-directed learning and plenty of initiative and flexibility.
- A good sense of humor, excellent communication skills and the ability to live and work closely with the rest of the team comprising both western and local staff.
- Cultural sensitivity and a history of working abroad, plus a background in captive wildlife management or charitable veterinary work are beneficial.
- Suitable candidates must be able to commit for a minimum of 2 years.
Appointment is paid, full-time, five (5) days a week with some weekend work applicable.
The following items are included in your full-time contract:
Emergency medical insurance
How to apply
Interested parties please forward your cover letter (stating the applied position), CV with your and completed Job Application form to: email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information please visit our website www.animalsasia.org
Closing date for application is 31 December 2013.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.