Organization: The Buffalo Zoo
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Job or Internship: Job
School Programs Specialist
Full-time position – Monday-Friday (school year); Flexible (during summer)
The Buffalo Zoo is seeking an individual to help develop, coordinate and instruct onsite school environmental education programs. This individual will also aide in summer and seasonal programming (e.g. camps, shows, etc.).
Successful candidates must possess:
Education (Minimum Needed):
● Four year degree in an education, zoo, or science-related field.
● Master’s degree in education-related field is a plus.
Experience (Minimum Needed):
● Six months of teaching/ public speaking to range of audiences or equivalent experience.
● Animal handling/care experience (highly preferred).
Special Knowledge Needed for Performance of Job:
● Working knowledge of personal computers and software applications.
● Strong knowledge of a wide range of science content as well as New York State MST and Common Core Learning Standards.
● Well developed writing, organizational and communication skills.
● Strong short-term classroom management skills.
● Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
● Monday-Friday schedule during school year. Flexible summer schedule required.
● Must have a valid NYS driver’s license and have an average or better driving record based on the evaluation process of our insurance company.
● Must have reliable transportation to travel between schools and Buffalo Zoo as needed.
The Buffalo Zoo is an EOE.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements by 11/15/13 to:
Attn: Curator of Education
300 Parkside Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14214-1999