Organization: Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
Location: Jacksonville, Florida , United States
Job or Internship: Job
Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens is currently seeking an experienced and creative Marketing and Community Relations professional with proven leadership skills to join our team. This position reports directly to the Executive Director of the Zoo.
• Create and execute a unified innovative strategic marketing/development/education vision for the Zoo that fosters the growth with the communities we serve and enhances the Zoo’s image and position within the marketplace.
• Works with board members and other stakeholders (both external and internal) for development purposes, and to cultivate new partnerships and cross-promotional opportunities with new and existing partners or sponsors, which result in revenue growth and enhanced market position.
• Build robust Education and Volunteer Programs that support the mission and vision of the organization.
• Oversees planning and execution of zoo-wide special events to include ExZooberation, Spooktacular and Zoolights.
• Leads diverse team of employees to include special events, public relations, membership and marketing coordinator, development officers and education/volunteer department.
• A bachelor’s degree in marketing/development/education management or 10 years of applicable work experience, preferably in a Zoo.
• High School or GED required.
• Five years of supervisory experience working in an education, marketing or development environment, required. At least two years in a strategic role along with an ability to create a high performing team.
• Must be available and able to work off hours and weekends when the need arises
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills, excellent time management skills, writing ability and progressive social media communication experience.
• Must be able to remain on feet for long periods of time.
• Must be able to transverse zoo grounds and construction site on foot.
• Must be able to stoop, bend, lift, kneel, crawl, climb, and carry objects for short distances.
• Must be able to lift 20 lbs. without difficulty.
• Must be able to operate motorized cart.
• Must be able to sit for periods of time.
The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens offers all full time employees a competitive benefits package including free medical, dental and life insurance for the employee, paid time off, 403B Retirement Plan, and discounts at the Zoo.
EOE / DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
To apply please submit résumé and salary requirements, via email to email@example.com