Organization: Bronx Zoo
Location: New York, NY, us
Job or Internship:
To assume responsibility for the coordination of Bronx Zoo education services offered to schools and the general public with particular emphasis on the revenue generating aspects of the program.
- To develop, host and maintain relationships with area schools, districts and administrators, principals, teachers, and community based organizations and general target audiences in order to promote programs offered. To liaise with and among internal departments of Membership, Marketing, Government Affairs and Media Services in order to insure all are aware and up to date on all programs and events offered (i.e. phone contact, meetings, letters of commitment/support for grant proposals.).
- Negotiates and contracts with schools and other entities for programs; follow through to achieve satisfactory completion of all contractual obligations.
- Assists Manager of Education with day to day operation of programs and logistical details for summer and winter camp programs; serves as liaison with the parents of summer program participants.
- Provides reports as needed to the Manager of Education on all aspects of position responsibilities, as well as provides regular and timely oral reports on all pending projects.
- Responds to visitor inquiries; represents the Society to the public in a responsive and professional manner, and complies with Society rules and regulations, and maintains cooperative relations with members of other cultural institutions and other collaborators.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business or related field. Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook; experience with databases essential; customer service experience required. Knowledge of sales, direct marketing, sales promotion, media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. Candidates should be outgoing, creative and capable of working in a team environment and have strong verbal and communication skills, and ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with client base. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Please visit http://www.wcs.org/about-us/careers/nyc-full-time.aspx for a complete job description and instructions on how to apply online.