Organization: Lincoln Park Zoo
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Work closely with the Senior Director of Annual Giving and other Development staff members to develop and implement effective, efficient and creative tactics for member and donor acquisition, retention and long-term program strategy. Manage day-to-day revenue generation activities, including seasonal on-grounds sales force to achieve Membership revenue goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Responsible for direct mail efforts, including copy development, list selection and segmentation, coordinating with mail house for processing and campaign analysis. In some cases, campaigns may utilize an outside consultant.
• Responsible for implementation of other membership acquisition and retention programs, including monthly renewals, telemarketing, on-site sales, e-mail solicitations and lapsed member appeals.
• Responsible for creation and implementation of Membership program components, including any adjustments to pricing, benefits and long-term program strategy.
• Oversee membership fulfillment, including acknowledgements, materials and premiums.
• Responsible for development and production of quantitative management and analytical reports.
• Manage Membership Services Coordinator, Membership Sales Supervisor and grounds sales staff (seasonal).
• Oversee development of grounds staffing plan, schedule and training. Work with Membership Sales Supervisor to develop team goals and incentives.
• Work with Communications team to ensure Membership’s web presence and online revenue programs are robust and addressing an expanding audience.
• Responsible for the coordination and management of member special events and activities, including new and existing events and member appreciation program.
• May be responsible for additional revenue generative programs, as developed, or determined by department leadership.
• Execute Raiser’s Edge queries, exports, reporting functions and analysis thereof to support Membership efforts.
• Assist Senior Director of Annual Giving to prepare Membership revenue and expense budget.
• Develop program protocol and documentation for Membership customer service.
• Serve as contact for incoming Membership, Annual Fund, & ADOPT inquiries, and process donations received over the phone.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Direct mail program experience required, including copy development, segmentation and analysis.
• Very strong analytical skills, project management and revenue planning skills required.
• Very strong proficiency with Raiser’s Edge software and all aspects of the Microsoft Office Suite, especially word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience preparing business correspondence.
• Ability to quickly organize and complete tasks to ensure timely completion of all projects. Multitasking skills critical.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Outgoing personality and customer service orientation.
• Bi or multi-lingual a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Minimum three to four years related experience in membership, fundraising or sales. Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
• Work Membership and Development department special events and activities as required. Events normally take place during evening or weekend hours.
• Serve as a liaison between Membership and other zoo departments as needed.
• Some physical labor required for transporting items on-grounds.