Organization: Museum of Science
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Job or Internship: Job
HVAC Systems Supervisor
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The position is responsible for day-to-day supervision of the Mechanical Maintenance and Plant Operations of the Museum including supervision of personnel and work orders. It exercises control over the mechanical operating systems of the facilities including maintenance, operation, equipment service and repair, design, alteration, purchase, installation and construction, as well as administrative functions such as establishing standards of performance, standard operating procedures and regulatory code compliance.
• 365 day responsibility for 1,000,000 square feet of museum property, consisting of 7 multi-purpose buildings including a 5 level parking garage, Planetarium, Omni Theater, two theaters and four animal living areas.
• Responsible for an in-house staff of 6
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Tuesday-Saturday.
Manager of Facilities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
• Ability & willingness to work a flexible schedule as necessary
• Extensive technical skills within the trade
• 10+ Years within the HVAC Commercial Industry
• MA Refrigeration License
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
TO APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY IN OUR DIVERSE AND DYNAMIC WORK ENVIRONMENT, SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Human Resources Department
Museum of Science
Boston, MA 02114
Fax: (617) 589-0362
Visit www.mos.org/jobs for our most up-to-date employment listings. No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application. The Museum of Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer.