Organization: New England Aquarium
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Job or Internship: Job
TITLE: Live Blue Service Coordinator
DEPT: Volunteer Programs & Internships
REPORTS TO: Manager, Volunteer Programs & Internships
HOURS: Full Time Regular, Tuesday- Saturday, 9:00am-5:00pm, 35 hours per week
The Live Blue Service Coordinator recruits, screens and engages applicants for volunteer positions, coordinates the placement and on-boarding process and serves as a resource to Live Blue Service volunteers and interns by providing guidance and support. Also promotes the Live Blue Service Initiative and its participants through a variety of methods, provides administrative support to the department and assists the Manager in implementing special programs and events. Reporting to the Manager of Volunteer Programs & Internships, this position also assists in the design and distribution of the department’s ongoing internal and external communications.
1. Partners with internal and external partners, consultants, and evaluators to deliver upon requisites of expansive 2 year grant.
2. Works with manager to research, develop, and expand external partnerships with environmental organizations to develop service opportunities throughout the New England region.
3. Works with manager to research, develop, and expand partnerships with volunteer recruiting sources (colleges, community and business groups).
4. Assists Manager with the design and implementation of service events including working with the agency to develop logistics, service learning, and appreciation components.
5. Acts as a communications liaison relating to all offsite service initiatives including interacting with partner agency staff, developing project profiles, and disseminating information to Service Leaders.
6. Works with manager to develop marketing materials, newsletters, mass emails, online and social media content relating to the Live Blue Service Initiative, Service Leader program, volunteer programs and internships that benefit programs throughout New England Aquarium
7. Assist in the design and distribution of the department’s ongoing internal and external communications
8. Responds to a high volume of telephone and email inquiries from potential volunteers.
9. Assist with screening and interviewing of volunteers for Live Blue Service Initative, Service Leader program, volunteer programs and internships that benefit programs throughout New England Aquarium.
10. Works in a team to develop service learning curriculum related to all Live Blue service initiatives.
11. Assists Manger with the administration of the Live Blue Service Leader program and all related logistics and communications.
12. Conducts orientation for new volunteers and completes the on-boarding process.
13. Serves as recruiter at college volunteer and internship fairs, community fairs and other relevant events.
14. Assists Manager in planning and implementing events and meetings.
15. Assists Manager with volunteer and site supervisory support as needed.
16. Performs other position related duties as assigned.
Minimum Training and Experience
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related experience.
• Specific degree preferred: volunteer administration, hospitality, museum studies, adult development, human resources, education, psychology, or sociology.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated strength in designing online, social media and print communications for internal and external audiences.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience writing in a business setting preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with a broad range of people in a customer service related capacity. Experience interviewing a plus.
• A commitment and interest in community building and civic engagement.
• Experience working with teens and adults from diverse racial/socioeconomic populations.
• Detail oriented, highly organized with administrative experience in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-motivated; strong problem-solving skills; ability to work independently as well as on a team.
• Computer skills (experience with MS Office, Constant Contact and Volgistics preferred).
• A commitment to and interest in promoting and participating in diversity related efforts.
• A driver’s license is preferred for recruiting.
• Works Tuesday through Saturday with occasional night and additional weekend hours to assist with special events or programs.
New England Aquarium is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.NEAQ.ORG TO APPLY ONLINE