Organization: Zoo New England
Location: Boston, MA, Country
Job or Internship: Job
Essential Job Functions:
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for working on a wide range of events, projects, promotions and partnerships to advance the visibility of Zoo New England with the goal of driving attendance as well as attracting new groups and partners to the Zoos. The Marketing Manager will proactively cultivate new marketing partnerships and cross-promotional opportunities with new and existing partners. This position is also responsible for creating and executing marketing plans tied to specific initiatives, marketing segmentation and analytics, marketing sponsorships/trades and tracking and evaluating marketing activities. The Marketing Manager will also work closely with the Group Sales and Niche Marketing Coordinator to successfully market group sales and meet departmental goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create and execute comprehensive marketing plans tied to specific initiatives (includes marketing to guests on grounds as well as marketing to the general public as well as identified target audiences)
• Proactively cultivate new partnerships and cross-promotional opportunities with a wide range of new and existing partners
• Track and analyze marketing plans and execution to measure effectiveness
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree with 3-5+ years experience in marketing and public relations
• Excellent written and verbal skills, as well as interpersonal skills working with the public, vendors, partners, sponsors and staff
• Extreme attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be highly organized and self motivated
• Project management experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
• Strong visual and design sensibility
Preferred Job Requirements:
• Marketing experience working for a non-profit and/or cultural attraction
• Experience with design programs such as InDesign is a plus
• Management experience with social media platforms
Hours: The Marketing Manager’s scheduled hours will be Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Due to the nature of the position, there will be times when the Marketing Manager will be required to work early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Location: Franklin Park Zoo and Stone Zoo
Salaried: Please submit your salary requirements
Please submit your application:
- via email, as MS Word attachment, to email@example.com, yet please ensure to state the title of the position in the subject line.
- Or fax your application to: 617-445-1671
- By mail to Office of Human Resources, Zoo New England, One Franklin Park Rd, Boston, MA. 02121
No Phone Calls Please.
Zoo New England is an equal opportunity employer by choice.