Organization: Coastline Ltd.
Location: Washington, DC, us
Job or Internship: Job
Potential Start Date – November 15th
Supervises the daily operation of the Life Support Systems under the direction of local zoo personnel. Performs a variety of tasks as they relate to operation, troubleshooting maintenance and repair of aquatic life support systems; does related work as required.
- Performs installation, operation, preventive maintenance, and repair tasks on aquatic life support systems and related components
- Operates and troubleshoots control systems and mechanical equipment (e.g. pumps, compressors, ozone generators, electric motors, filters, valves and valve actuators, foam fractionators, electrical & electromechanical controls, etc.)
- Receives work order assignments from Facilities and Life Support personnel by either oral or written instructions
- Ensure that assigned tasks are accomplished and meet the quality standards.
- Participates in, and coordinates work involving facility preventive and corrective maintenance
- Conducts and interprets water quality tests and analyzes data
- Generates work orders and daily log sheets in a neat and orderly fashion
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Life Support Systems.
- Supervise, train, coach, and discipline Team Members as needed.
- Assist in the interviewing, selection and hiring of all Life Support Team Members.
- Oversee the cleanliness and organization of all areas associated with the Life Support Systems.
- Prepare and maintain daily/weekly/monthly work schedules.
- Communicate needs and problems concerning life support systems
- Assist with the purchasing of materials and supplies and repair parts.
- Assist other departments with animal related procedures.
- Maintain communication with other Animal Care Departments daily.
- Oversee the department’s safety program.
- Other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- College degree in Marine Biology or a related field or equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of close loop filtration systems, pumps, motors, and water chemistry.
- Must be computer literate and have an advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Must possess a working knowledge of all legislation and regulations affecting marine parks and animals in captivity.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather both indoors and outdoors.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in elevated locations.
- Must possess good corrected/uncorrected eyesight.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Knowledge of major water process filtration components and their application.
- Knowledge of assembly, operation and repair of reciprocating compressors, centrifugal compressors, ozone generators and centrifugal pumps
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems as they relate to water process, particularly for aquaculture and aquarium systems.
- Knowledge of plumbing practices, materials, and tools as they relate to trade.
- Knowledge of water quality testing as it relates to water process and purification systems, aquaculture systems or aquarium systems.
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory, electrical components, and their application
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, and repair techniques and procedures for mechanical electrical and electronic equipment for water process equipment
- Knowledge of how to oil, grease, clean and replace motors, bearings and other frictional wearing surfaces that are trade related.
- Skill in the application of operating, trouble shooting, maintaining and repairing mechanical, electrical, and control equipment as it relates to aquatic life support systems
- Skill in plumbing materials, tools, and techniques related to water process systems, aquarium, or aquaculture systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to use basic electrical test equipment proficiently
Respond To – Qualified candidates should submit a resume to Coastline Ltd. – email@example.com
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have, or obtain, a current and valid driver’s license
- Must Have AALSO Level II certification
Salary – $50,000 – $70,000
Contact name: Melissa Plewes, 703-461-0200 (office) firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a resume to– email@example.com e mail only please