Organization: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Location: Vallejo, CA, us
Job or Internship:
POSITION: Life Support Supervisor DEPARTMENT: Animal Care
REPORTS TO: Life Support Manager STATUS: Salary/exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises the daily operation of the Life Support Department under the direction of the Life Support Manager.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Life Support Department.
- Develop, implement and enforce all departmental and company policies as needed.
- Supervise, train, coach, and discipline Team Members as needed.
- Assist in the interviewing, selection and hiring of all Life Support Team Members.
- Write and conduct annual performance reviews for Life Support Team Members.
- Conduct weekly team meetings and attend weekly Animal Care meeting.
- Oversee the cleanliness and organization of all areas associated with the Life Support Department.
- Prepare and maintain 24hr work schedules.
- Oversee life support equipment repair and maintenance.
- Assist in the preparation of annual department budget.
- Communicate needs and problems to the Life Support Manager.
- Assist with the purchasing of materials and supplies and repair parts.
- Assist other departments with animal related procedures.
- Maintain communication with other Animal Care Departments daily.
- Oversee the department’s safety program.
- Conduct tours as needed
- Other duties as required
- College degree in Marine Biology or a related field or equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Must possess open water diving certificate.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of close loop filtration systems, pumps, motors, and water chemistry.
- Must be computer literate and have an advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Must possess a working knowledge of all legislation and regulations affecting marine parks and animals in captivity.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather both indoors and outdoors.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Must be a strong swimmer and willing to work in and around cold saltwater.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in elevated locations.
- Must possess good corrected/uncorrected eyesight.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Salary with benefits
Application Deadline: Until Filled Date Posted: 9/24/2013
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should submit a resume to the Michael Muraco, Director of Animal Care. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom offers an excellent salary and benefits package.
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
1001 Fairgrounds Drive
Vallejo, CA 94589
Attn: Michael Muraco