Organization: Greensboro Science Center (Aquarium - Museum - Zoo)
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Director of Development
The Director of Development reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with the Director of Business Operations to provide leadership and management of the development/fundraising program. The Director of Development serves in a part-time capacity and does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The Director of Development is accountable for all areas of development including annual, planned and capital fundraising efforts that adhere to the standards of AAM and AZA.
• Identifying and developing new markets for fundraising initiatives in order to increase donor awareness and participation in operational or master plan development
• Identifying, cultivating and soliciting major gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporations
• Provide knowledgeable and inspiring public presentations regarding all aspects of zoo/museum operations, including institutional mission, vision and master plan
• Provide support for Executive Director for all donor solicitations, including preparing proposals, packages, providing follow-up information to prospects, and assisting with solicitation calls
• Work with Directors and operational staff to identify funding opportunities that are mutually beneficial to the Greensboro Science Center and the donor
• Identify and implement events designed to cultivate, solicit and steward donors
• Identify and implement strategies to increase the number of bequest expectancies
• Coordinate all volunteer efforts related to fundraising i.e. Development Committee, campaign volunteers, etc
• Prepare and deliver a monthly development report for the Board of Trustees
• Initiate a strategic plan to grow the Center’s endowment.
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven ability to motivate, inspire and energize staff and potential donors
• Experience soliciting philanthropic gifts at varying levels
• Consummate team player and motivator
•Must be able to work occasional weekends and holidays
• Must be proficient with computers and member/donor-based programs
Salary commensurate with experience.
Send an updated resume, three reference contact names/numbers and a one-page cover letter that clearly articulates your interest and qualifications for this position to: Department of Human Resources - Director of Development, Greensboro Science Center, 4301 Lawndale Drive, Greensboro, NC 27455 or, email application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serious candidates should apply no later than October 15th, however resume review will begin immediately.