Organization: Chicago Zoological Society/Brookfield Zoo
Location: Brookfield, IL, United States
Job or Internship: Internship
Chicago Zoological Society, which manages Brookfield Zoo, is currently accepting applications for our College Experiential Learning Opportunities (CELO) program.
Please visit the following site for specific details on applying and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any other questions you may have: (http://www.czs.org/czs/internships)
Chicago Zoological Society is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/V/D
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply and to identify themselves.
Title Director’s Office Intern
Through various projects, interns will learn how to build sustainable relationships with a diverse spectrum of Chicago Zoological Society audiences and stakeholders throughout the Chicagoland area.
• Assist the Zoo Director and his staff responsible for extending the zoo’s mission to all of the communities it serves, with a special focus on Strategic Plan initiatives.
• Assist the VP of Planning and Community Relations on key projects including Arcoiris, Advisory Councils and Educational Outreach Programs.
• Assists the Director of Government Relations with communication and cultivation programs for key elected and appointed government officials with the focus on Chicago Zoological Society outreach initiatives.
• Work with the above staff and the President/CEO on appropriate projects that including generating consistent, positive exposure for the Society and representing the institution to diverse constituencies.
• Participate on teams, committees, work groups, etc., as assigned.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum one year of college at an accredited institution; G.P.A. 2.5/4.0, majoring in business, biology, ecology, environmental education, liberal arts, psychology, behavioral science, or other social science, or other relevant field.
• Minimum 18 years of age.
• Completion of a reflective journal or project required as part of internship.
• Strong interpersonal, communications, and organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Must be able to commit to 12 weeks; approximately 40 hours/week.