Organization: Downtown Aquarium
Location: Denver, CO, United States
Job or Internship: Internship
The Aquarist Intern will assist in the proper care of the animal collection, including environmental requirements, nutrition, and the maintenance and appearance of all exhibits under the direct supervision of the Intern Supervisor or staff Aquarists. Intern will assist in maintaining all department protocols, adhering to policies and fulfilling daily responsibilities assigned in supporting exhibits and operations.
• Must have an interest in, and be willing to learn about aquarium keeping and the biology of the inhabitants at the Downtown Aquarium
• Should be fairly agile with the ability to climb on top of tanks and up ladders
• Must be willing to get wet, perform “dirty” jobs and handle fish, squid, shrimp, etc
• Will be performing similar tasks to staff Aquarists (water changes, tank cleaning, and food preparation)
Requested Job Requirements:
• Ability to lift 50+ lbs
• Ability to work shifts between 7:00 AM-3:00 PM, 3-4 days per week (including weekends and holidays)
• Ability to work a 4 hour shift
• SCUBA certification
Please email Colleen Shipley at email@example.com for information and an application packet.