Organization: Zoo Atlanta
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Job Title: Advancement Coordinator Date: 11 September 2013
Department: Advancement Reports to: VP/CAO
Job Status: Full-time FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Purpose: The Advancement Coordinator will report to the VP/Chief Advancement Officer and is responsible for data input, gift acknowledgements, reporting of departmental metrics, financial records and data requests, and support of other departmental functions. The position will also be responsible for assuring effective organization and management of Board of Directors, Leadership Council and related committee activities, as well as other meetings for the VP/CAO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSBILITIES
• Entering gift records and other relevant data into Raiser’s Edge database system and preparing gift acknowledgements with accuracy and in a timely manner.
• Working with Finance to ensure financial data is accurate in Raiser’s Edge database for accounting reconciliation.
• Scheduling Board of Directors, Leadership Council and related committee meetings, including confirming agendas, arranging catering, taking minutes, and communicating on behalf of the President & CEO and VP/CAO with these groups.
• Coordinating the organization of meetings and committee activities for the VP/CAO and assuring that appropriate materials are gathered and prepared.
• Assisting VP/CAO with correspondence and calendar management.
• Providing background/call plan documents for meetings and developing meeting follow-up letters.
• Maintaining Board, Leadership Council and related committee and volunteer lists, rosters and meeting schedules.
• Assisting with gathering information for proposals or reports and assisting with mailing of same.
• Assisting with organization and support of departmental functions and special events.
• Managing gathering and compilation of data and overseeing monthly production of metrics and reports.
• Managing public fundraising campaign reports, call lists, pledges and payments in conjunction with outside vendor.
• Assisting with stewardship activities and donor and other special advancement events as well as arranging VIP tours and behind the scenes events for donors and prospects.
• Answering general Zoo Atlanta phone line in collaboration with other department coordinators.
• Organizing and maintaining manual file system and office supplies.
• Any other miscellaneous projects/assignments assigned by the VP/CAO.
• Significant knowledge of and experience with office management needs, issues, responsibilities and activities.
• Excellent computer skills with emphasis on database/donor management software, spreadsheets, mail merge and PowerPoint.
• Must understand and be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and Values.
• Should have and/or be willing to develop a strong appreciation of zoos, wildlife and conservation issues.
Special skills and abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and diverse project management skills.
• Substantial attention to detail.
• Excellent note taking ability.
• The candidate must also possess strong ethical and discretionary qualities.
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
• Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year, therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees to work some weekends, holidays and evenings.
• College degree required
• Must have valid Georgia driver’s license with clean driving record.
• Administrative. Office environment utilizing a computer, works closely with others and also works independently.
• This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Zoo Atlanta is an EOE and provides a Smoke-free and Drug-free Work Environment
To apply for this position, please visit our website: Zooatlanta.org/Careers/Jobs