Organization: Brevard Zoo
Location: Melbourne, FL, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Brevard Zoo is seeking a senior level Website Project Manager with proven technical expertise in custom, creative website design and development to oversee a new high quality and interactive website for the organization. This person must provide examples of current and active websites they have created, and will be responsible for developing a specific, detailed and strategic work plan for the project in collaboration with the departments of Brevard Zoo. With a restricted budget, interested applicants must understand and appreciate that the Zoo is a beloved, high profile and exciting attraction and non-profit organization with unlimited potential. We are seeking to select an applicant that can deliver a world-class online experience that employs the latest technologies at a budget-friendly cost.
The successful candidate will be able to complete multiple tasks and a high volume of work on deadline, in cooperation with the organization’s departments and business partner who is building the new website.
This is a temporary, part-time position working an average of up to 20 hours per week.
• Analyzing website data, meeting with departments, reviewing and making recommendations on content for new website.
• Edit existing and write new content appropriate to the web.
• Responsible for developing architecture of new website that is focused on user experience, while using best practices to ensure that pages are visually engaging, navigable and searchable for site visitors.
• Champions, educates, and communicates best practices in user-centric website design and navigation; stays abreast of evolving and changing industry standards.
• Develops end-to-end project plan for implementation.
• Ensures project include a follow-on plan that notes site improvements, such as search engine optimization (SEO) strategies, search enhancements, and general site improvements that will continually refine metric-based tracking of results.
To qualify for this position, the candidate must possess:
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology
• 5-8 years of experience in website management
• Experience writing/editing website content
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with content management systems and experience in a non-profit or attraction based organization is highly desired.
How to Apply: Submit cover letter and resume by September 20, 2013 to
Jackie Fisher, Human Resources
Brevard Zoo 8225 North Wickham, Road, Melbourne, Florida 32940
No phone calls please.