Organization: Dynasty Marine Associates
Location: Marathon, FL, us
Job or Internship: Job
Web address: www.dynastymarine.net
- Maintain all tanks in the lab. This includes routine tank cleaning, water quality testing, water changes, etc.
- Operate equipment and Life Support Systems (LSS) including pumps, filters, sterilization units, chillers/heaters and blowers and participate in scheduled maintenance routine of utensils, tools, equipment and facilities.
- Perform repairs to equipment and facilities or help building new systems as determined by management.
- Monitor fish for detection and treatment of diseases
- Prepare food and feed the fish, according to quarantine and fasting schedules.
- Help in the process of unpacking, packing and shipping of fish and invertebrates.
- Maintain stock of packing supplies
- Fill in when needed to help other staff members in the daily routine.
- Remain “on call” during duty days.
· Collaborate with the occasional collection of specimens available nearby using canoes and hand nets.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Biology, Environmental Science or related field.
- A minimum of six months to one year of experience working within a public aquarium or related facility is desired.
Selection Criteria: (Candidates will be assessed against the following)
- Animal husbandry skills.
- Knowledge of filtration and LSS.
- Ability to update and maintain aquaria pumps, filters, and basic plumbing knowledge Ability to handle the physical demands of the job.
- Ability to work weekends and extended hours.
- Availability to be “on call” as the first contact during designated “on duty” days.
- Reside within 10 minutes of the facilities.
The salary range for this position is $24,000 to $34,000 dollars per year DOQ
NOTE: This position involves NO diving activities.
For more information, contact: