Organization: International Crane Foundation
Location: Baraboo, WI, Country
Job or Internship: Job
Position: Vice President-Chief Financial Officer
Reports to: President & CEO
Location: Baraboo, WI
The International Crane Foundation (ICF) works worldwide to conserve cranes and the ecosystems, watersheds and flyways on which they depend. ICF is dedicated to providing experience, knowledge, and inspiration to involve people in resolving threats to these ecosystems. ICF’s world headquarters are located near Baraboo, Wisconsin. ICF has 40 full-time staff, and a network of hundreds of specialists working in over 50 countries on five continents.
SUMMARY: The Vice President-Chief Financial Officer directs the Foundation’s financial planning, accounting and treasury activities, including budgeting, financial reporting, cash management, banking relations, financial information systems oversight, and core administrative functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Serves as a member of the senior leadership team and strategic partner to the President/Chief Executive Officer in developing the vision and strategy of the Foundation and executing its operational plans. Assesses organizational performance against both the annual budget and the Foundation’s long-term strategy.
• Continues to evolve tools/systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and makes actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations. Leads the development of reports necessary to communicate appropriate financial information to various audiences, including internal managers, the Board of Directors, regulatory and taxing authorities, and the general public.
• Oversees long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with principal strategic objectives. Supervises the preparation of annual budgets and longer range forecasts.
• Ensures timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting; oversees the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements. Completes analysis of financial results and develops recommendations (strategic and tactical).
• Oversees and directs financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
• Oversees and directs cash management, bank relations, purchasing, real estate activities and insurance activities for the Foundation.
• Coordinates independent audit and supervises the preparation and filing of the federal Form 990 and any required state registration filings. Ensures legal/regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
• Oversees procedures and computer application systems, such as SAGE MIP accounting software, necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
• Directs and analyzes studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the Foundation’s policies and operations.
• Analyzes operational issues impacting functional groups and the whole institution, and determines their financial impact.
• Supervises Department of Finance and Administration staff, including Accounting Manager, Bookkeeper, and Executive Assistant.
• Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field; CPA and GAAP experience strongly preferred; eight years or more related professional experience. MBA and experience in the nonprofit sector and with fund accounting a plus.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Prior responsibility for the quality and content of financial data, reporting and audit coordination preferred.
• Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COMPENSATON AND BENEFITS:
ICF offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
To apply for this position, please send an application, resume, cover letter, and one writing sample to email@example.com. Applications due September 6, 2013.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer.