Organization: Museum of Science
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Visitor Services Representative - Cashier (Multiple Shifts)
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
Jump-start your career in our Visitor Services department!
The Museum of Science is actively interviewing for enthusiastic, upbeat front-line Visitor Services Representatives who thrive in a highly trafficked public environment. Cash handling skills required. Professional maturity, excellent customer service and communication skills a must! This is a uniformed position that requires working during scheduled holiday periods and school vacation weeks due to increased attendance.
• Courteously and efficiently sell tickets and memberships to Museum visitors, giving accurate and helpful information to help them make their choices. Upgrade the sale whenever possible and ask point-of-sale survey questions as required. Handle large amounts of cash and credit card transactions honestly and accurately to protect Museum revenues.
• Carefully check tickets/memberships at the entrance to venues to prevent unauthorized entrance and keep accurate manual counts as required.
• Provide accurate information and helpful assistance in a courteous manner while on duty in any location.
• Assist in evacuating visitors from the building during emergency situations in a calm and helpful manner.
• Perform other work-related duties as required by Manager
Please indicate which shift you prefer in the subject line of the email.
SHIFT A: Regular Part-Time, 13.25 hours/week
• Fridays 4:45pm-10:00pm
• Saturdays 8:45am-5:15pm
SHIFT B: Regular Part-Time, 16 hours/week
• Saturdays 9:45am-6:15pm
• Sundays 9:45am-6:15pm
SHIFT C: Temporary Part-Time, 23.5 hours/week, through October 20, 2013. Eligible for retention bonus.
• Wednesdays 9:45am-3:45pm
• Thursdays 9:00am-3:45pm
• Fridays 3:15pm-9:30pm
• Saturdays 3:00pm-9:30pm
• General knowledge and understanding of the work environment
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Six (6) months experience
• Customer service skills
• Ability and eagerness to upgrade a sale and encourage visitors to purchase a membership
• Communication skills
• Cash handling experience
• Basic computer skills
Non-Exempt (Hourly). $11.00/hour.
Free parking in the Museum garage, T accessibility, free Exhibit Halls admission and Omni/Planetarium shows, free Duck Tours, discounts in the Museum store and cafe, discounted movie passes, retirement & savings plan.
TO APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY IN OUR DIVERSE AND DYNAMIC WORK ENVIRONMENT, SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Human Resources Department
Museum of Science
Boston, MA 02114
Fax: (617) 589-0362
Visit www.mos.org/jobs for our most up-to-date employment listings. No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application. The Museum of Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer.