Organization: Palm Beach Zoo
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Job or Internship: Internship
Do you like animals? Do you like talking about animals? Have you ever thought about working for broadcast TV news? If you answer “Yes!” to these questions, then look no further! The Palm Beach Zoo is proud to offer an internship in our Media and Public Relations Department. Interns have the opportunity to work closely with our Media Relations Manager, who has more than eight years’ experience as an anchor and reporter.
Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with news stations
- Learn cutting-edge techniques to create digital and print press releases
- Learn how to pitch news stories, and think like a media representative
- Be the voice for the animals in the Zoo
- Learn how to produce videos using media industry-standard equipment
- Follow-up with news stations, while making contacts yourself
The opportunities are endless at the Palm Beach Zoo!
To Apply: Complete the volunteer/internship application and send it, as well as a resume, cover letter identifying internship area of interest, proof of college enrollment (or degree if just graduated) to Joe Landmichl, Volunteer & Docent Manager. Mail: Media and Public Relations Internship Program, Palm Beach Zoo, 1301 Summit Blvd., West Palm Beach FL 33405, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax: 561-585-6085.
• Fall (October-December), deadline is September 7
• Spring (January-April), deadline is December 1
• Summer (May-August), deadline is March 1