Organization: Georgia Aquarium Inc.
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Job or Internship: Job
The Georgia Aquarium aims to be a premier institution delivering an awe-inspiring entertainment experience which supports research and conservation, inspires learning and instills a passion for the aquatic world. The Georgia Aquarium is searching for an Environmental Educator to join our team.
The Environmental Educator will be responsible for teaching educational programming and assisting in the development of educational curriculums and exhibits to ensure an overall positive, educational learning experience that is tailored for guests.
1. Bachelor’s degree in zoology, biology, icthology, marine biology, education, or related science disciplines required
2. Two years teaching experience preferred
3. Previous experience and a passion for working with children and animals is a plus
4. Current knowledge of wildlife conservation, research and environmental issues preferred
5. Exceptional interpersonal skills to interact and interpret exhibits to internal and external clients/guests required
6. Ability to organize, manage time and set priorities while meeting deadlines
7. Ability to be flexible and shift priorities to meet departmental requirements
8. Superior verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills are essential
9. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The Georgia Aquarium offers a competitive benefit and compensation package.
Please visit our website www.georgiaaquarium.org for additional information and to apply for this opening.
The Georgia Aquarium is an EOE and supports a Drug Free Workplace!