Organization: Zoo New England
Location: Boston, MA, Country
Job or Internship: Job
Essential Job Functions:
The Education Administrative & Marketing Specialist (EAMS) will schedule programs for schools, members, and special interest groups for Franklin Park and Stone Zoos, both on-site and off Zoo grounds and maintain a detailed, up-to-date electronic database of program participants. The EAMS will be responsible for the distribution of teaching responsibilities among Education staff at both Zoos and will notify Zoo Educators in advance regarding their assignments. A master program schedule for the entire Education Department will be updated daily. The EAMS will answer all inquiries (by phone, mail, and email) from potential program participants and will mail all confirmation materials after accepting reservations. The EAMS will be required to schedule bus transportation, order program supplies, reserve classroom space, and request zookeeper assistance. The EAMS will also market the Education Department programs, utilizing the ZNE website, social media, email announcements, creating flyers, making cold calls and creating other marketing tools as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain electronic program records.
• Maintain the Departmental calendar in Microsoft Outlook.
• Receive, document and process all incoming payments for the department (including tracking down delinquent payments).
• Coordinate registration for all Education programming, including answering phone calls and emails, creating and updating contracts, managing multiple schedules and sending invoices.
• Coordinate logistics related to Education programming (e.g., bus transportation, supplies, space, staff assistance, etc.).
• Acquire new schools and groups for programs through cold calls, web postings and other media.
• Create marketing materials including, but not limited to, flyers, emails, kiosks and other print and electronic media.
• Manage the on-line Education department registration platform
• Build relationships with school districts, scout councils, Zoo members, and area cultural institutions to promote Zoo programming.
• Reach out to schools, scout councils and other organizations to promote ZNE Education programming.
• Provide Administrative Assistance to Director of Education as needed.
• Certification in CPR/AED and First Aid
• Regularly scheduled hours will be 8:30 a.m. to 3:00/5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Some flexibility is required. Position will be 30 – 40 hours per week.
• Work will be based out of Franklin Park Zoo, but the Education Administrative & Marketing Specialist will travel to Stone Zoo as needed.
• All other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
• 2 years experience as an administrative assistant, office manager or marketing assistant
• Experience working with electronic media and website content
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
• Experience working with an online database or ticketing system
• Extremely organized and able to multi-task efficiently
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Outstanding customer service skills, both internal and external
• Team player; ability to work well with Zoo New England staff, project partners, and program participants (i.e., paying customers)
• Highly detail-oriented; ability to track changing program records for up-to-the-minute accuracy and rapid analysis
• Goal-oriented; ability to increase revenue and the number of people served through effective planning and marketing
• Appreciation of and commitment to ZNE’s mission and goals
• Valid driver’s license and a driver in good standing
• Able to lift 50 pounds and walk over rough terrain
• Current First Responder & or CPR/AED certification
Preferred Job Requirements:
• 2 - 5 years paid experience as an administrative assistant, office manager or marketing assistant
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and/or Adobe Creative Suite
• Knowledge of or formal training in basic biology, and/or animal behavior
• Experience working with the public school system
• Formal or informal teaching experience
Location: Franklin Park Zoo- Boston.
Salary: Please submit your salary requirements.
Please submit your application:
- via email, as MS Word attachment, to email@example.com, yet please ensure to state the title of the position in the subject line.
- Or fax your application to: 617-445-1671
- By mail to Office of Human Resources, Zoo New England, One Franklin Park Rd, Boston, MA. 02121
No Phone Calls Please.
Zoo New England is an equal opportunity employer by choice.