Organization: Downtown Aquarium
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Landry’s Downtown Aquarium is an AZA accredited institution located in Houston, Texas and is seeking a Life Support Operator. The Aquarium facility includes 500,000 gallons of aquatic exhibits, fish, invertebrates, reptiles, amphibians, birds, and mammals.
• Conducting daily rounds on all life support and water works systems
• Mixing of the aquariums salt water
• Performing and recording daily water test on the outside water features of the park
• Taking on basic plumbing assignments
• Maintaining and monitoring of the large filtration systems on property
• Repairing of equipment when needed. This usually involves, but is not limited to, changing bearings, seals, and impellers on motors as they go bad.
• Assisting the Biology staff when needed
• Routine cleaning of different life support areas
• Assisting other Life Support Operators with projects
• Technical repairs at other locations for the company
• Other duties as they arise
• Must have at least 1 year experience in a Life Support or related field
• Must be organized and self-motivated with a desire to see projects through to completion
• Should have basic knowledge of pumps, motors and filtration systems
• Should have basic mechanical, electrical, carpentry and plumbing skills
• Must have basic automation or computer knowledge
• Must be willing to work in various conditions as well as indoors and outdoors
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be flexible in shift times and during holidays
• Must be available for overtime in emergency and non-emergency situations
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, bend, stand, kneel, walk and lift up to 50lbs.
• Must be able to work well and closely with others
Our exciting entertainment complex offers health and dental benefits, 401(k), super employee discounts on food and retail at all of our locations, and two weeks paid vacation, with one week available after 6 months.
Qualified applicants should apply in person 11:00am-5:00pm weekdays, at the Downtown Aquarium Hiring Center Office (or at the Restaurant Hostess stand), 410 Bagby Street, Houston TX, 77002. They may also send a copy of their resume via email to Jeffrey Ginn at firstname.lastname@example.org . EOE